The Ministry of Communications & Information Technology of Egypt (MCIT) aims to strengthen the AI capabilities in Egypt through its National AI Strategy. Through their NVIDIA AI Nations partnership, they have a goal to grow demand and actively promote GPU-accelerated computing across the academic, public, and private sectors. Using the NVIDIA platform, MCIT will help grow national research and AI talent pool, as well as help with achieving national priorities, like sustainability, through the applications of AI.
This online Bootcamp will take place over the course of two half-days, on September 13th and 14th. The goal is to teach researchers how AI can accelerate HPC simulations by introducing the concepts of Deep Neural Networks, including data pre-processing, and techniques on how to build, compare and improve the accuracy of deep learning models. This event will introduce real-world problems where participants learn AI concepts with step-by-step instructions using learned techniques.
This 2-day online Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Eastern European time zone (EET). All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email. A certificate will be presented to the attendees who participated in the hands-on labs and Day 2 challenges.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required.
This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying. You will be receiving an acceptance email with details on how to participate.
Teams attending the event will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of the hackathon.
September 13th (All times are EET)
Day 1 Intro - Lecture + Demo: Open to all, prior registration required. GPU programming or AI knowledge not required.
- Welcome (Moderator): 9:00 AM
- Introduction to AI: 09:00AM - 10:00AM (Lecture)
- Introduction to GPU computing: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM CET (Lecture)
- How AI can be used to solve challenges in different HPC fields 10:00AM - 11:00AM (Lecture)
- GPU Architecture for HPC and AI: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Lecture)
September 14th (All times are EET)
Day 2 Intro - Hands-on Lab: By invitation only. Participants will be selected based on the details provided in the application form during registration. Teams attending the event will be given access to GPU cluster for the duration of the Bootcamp. Participants are expected to have Python coding experience.
- Connecting to cluster: 9:00AM - 9:15 AM (Lecture)
- CNN Primer and Keras 101: 9:15AM - 10:15 AM (Lecture and Lab)
- Tropical cycle detection Case Study: 10:15 AM - 11:30 AM (Lab)
- Steady Flow Estimation Case Study: 11:30 PM - 12:30PM (Challenge)
- Conclusion and Q&A (12:30 – 13:00 PM)
Important Event Dates
MCIT & NVIDIA AI for Science Bootcamp Application Deadline
MCIT & NVIDIA AI for Science Bootcamp Day 1
MCIT & NVIDIA AI for Science Bootcamp Day 2