During this two-day online Bootcamp, participants will learn how to apply AI tools, techniques and algorithms to real-life problems. You will study the core concepts of Deep Neural Networks, how to build Deep Learning models as well as how to measure and improve the accuracy of your models. You will also learn essential data pre-processing techniques to ensure a robust Machine Learning pipeline. This online Bootcamp is a hands-on learning experience where you will be guided through step-by-step instructions with teaching assistants on hand to help throughout.
This 2-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Central European Time (CET) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required.
Attendees will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of the Bootcamp.
Day 1 (Intro) February 1, 2022: 09:00am - 12:00pm CET
- 09:00 AM - 09:15 AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 09:15 AM - 09:30 AM: Connecting to a cluster
- 09:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Introduction to GPU computing (Lecture)
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Introduction to AI (Lecture)
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: CNN Primer and Keras 101 (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced) February 2, 2022: 09:00am - 12:30pm CET
- 09:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Tropical cycle detection (Lab + Challenge)
- 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM: Break
- 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM: Steady Flow Estimation (Challenge)
- 12:15 PM - 12:30 PM: Wrap up and Q&A
Important Event Dates
NVIDIA/LRZ AI for Science Bootcamp Application Deadline
NVIDIA/LRZ AI for Science Bootcamp Day 1
NVIDIA/LRZ AI for Science Bootcamp Day 2