Welcome to the NVIDIA “AI for Science” Bootcamp! This online event will take place during two half-days on July 28-29 2021 and is designed to teach researchers how AI can accelerate HPC simulations by introducing the concepts of Deep Neural Networks, including data pre-processing, and techniques on how to build, compare and improve the accuracy of deep learning models. The Bootcamp will introduce real-world problems, where participants learn AI concepts with step-by-step instructions using learned techniques.
If your research involves big datasets or if you have research or engineering projects that you think could benefit from AI methods, then this Bootcamp is for you!
The bootcamp will be hosted online in the Central European Summer time zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required.
This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying. You will be receiving an acceptance email with details on how to participate.
Attendees will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of the GPU Bootcamp.
Day 1 (Intro): July 28, 2021
- Welcome (Moderator): 9:00 AM CEST
- Connecting to a cluster: 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM CEST
- Introduction to GPU computing: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM CEST (Lecture)
- Introduction to AI: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM CEST (Lecture)
- CNN Primer and Keras 101: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CEST (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced): July 29, 2021
- Tropical cycle detection: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM CEST (Lab + Challenge)
- Break 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM CEST
- Steady Flow Estimation 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM CEST (Challenge)
Important Event Dates
NVIDIA AI For Science Bootcamp Application Deadline
NVIDIA AI For Science Bootcamp Day 1
NVIDIA AI For Science Bootcamp Day 2