The GPU Bootcamp is an exciting and unique way for scientists and researchers to learn the skills needed to start quickly accelerating codes on GPUs. Held as a virtual event across three half days, on Day 1, participants will receive lectures from Experts around the world working in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). On Day 2 and Day 3, only selected participants will get access to the NSM cluster to work on hands-on sessions.
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) under the aegis of National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) in association with NVIDIA, IIT Kharagpur & OpenACC; this Bootcamp is open to anyone working in the domain of Computational Fluid Dynamics.
This 3-day Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Indian Standard Time (IST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
- Presented by NSM India, the Bootcamp is open to all current researchers and students working in the domain of CFD in India.
- Day 1 is open to all. For the hands-on sessions in Day 2 and Day 3, participants are expected to have basic experience with C/Fortran and Python. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
- This event has limited capacity, so please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying.
Participants selected for Day 2 and Day 3 will be given access to the NSM GPU cluster for the duration of the Bootcamp. The selection for hands-on sessions will be based on the registration details provided by attendees and priority will be given to applicants who are currently working on CFD problems which require HPC and GPU.
Day 1: March 29, 2022: 09:00am - 12:30pm IST
- 09:00 AM - 09:15 AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 09:15 AM - 09:45 AM: CFD: Past, Present and Future by Stan Posey (NVIDIA)
- 09:45 AM - 10:15 AM: CFD for large-scale engineering problems by Prof Somnath Roy (IIT Kharagur)
- 10:15 AM - 10:45 AM: More Science and Less Programming: Accelerating Indigenous IBM Solver OpenACC (IIT Kharagpur)
- 10:45 AM - 11:15 AM: Scalable CFD workflows for extreme scale computing by Prof Aditya Konduri (IISc)
- 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM: Indigenous Scalable Parallel CFD Solver for production Use Cases (Sandi Labs)
- 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM: Accelerated Computing for CFD
- 12:15 PM - 12:30 PM: Wrap up and Q&A
Day 2: March 30, 2022: 09:00am - 12:30pm IST
- 09:00 AM - 09:45 AM: Introduction to GPU computing (Lecture)
- 09:45 AM - 10:45 AM: Accelerating Standard C++ and Fortran with GPUs (Lecture and Lab)
- 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM: Directive Based Programming with OpenACC on GPU (Lecture and Lab)
- 11:45 AM - 12:30 PM: CUDA C Programming (Lecture + Lab)
Day 3: March 31, 2022: 09:00am - 12:30pm IST
- 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Introduction to AI (Lecture)
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: CNN Primer and Keras 101 (Lecture and Lab)
- 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM: Steady Flow Estimation (Lecture and Lab)
- 12:15 PM - 12:30 PM: Introduction to Physics Informed Neural Network (Lecture)
Important Event Dates
NSM India CFD GPU Bootcamp Application Deadline
NSM India CFD GPU Bootcamp Day 1
NSM India CFD GPU Bootcamp Day 2
NSM India CFD GPU Bootcamp Day 3