NVIDIA and the Max Planck Computing and Data Facility (MPCDF) is hosting a GPU Bootcamp open to all researchers and code developers of the Max Planck Society (MPG). During this two-day online Bootcamp, participants will learn about multiple GPU programming models and can choose the one that best fits their needs to run their scientific codes on GPUs. This Bootcamp will cover an introduction to GPU programming using OpenACC, OpenMP, stdpar and CUDA C, and provides hands-on opportunities to learn how to analyse GPU-enabled applications using NVIDIA® Nsight™ Systems.
This two-day online Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Central European Summer Time (CEST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack, and email.
Basic experience with C/C++ or Fortran. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
Teams attending the event will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of this event.
Day 1 (Introduction): October 19, 2021 (All times are CEST)
- Welcome (Moderator): 9:00 AM - 9:15AM
- Connecting to a Cluster: 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM
- Introduction to GPU Computing: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM (Lecture)
- Accelerating Standard C++ with GPUs using stdpar: 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Lecture + Lab)
- Break: 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Directive Based Programming with OpenMP and OpenACC on GPU : 10:45 AM - 12:30 PM (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced): October 20, 2021 (All times are CEST)
- CUDA C Programming 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Lecture + Lab)
- Break : 11:00 AM -12:30 PM (Challenge)
Important Event Dates
MPCDF N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Application Deadline
MPCDF N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 1
MPCDF N-Ways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 2