The era of exascale computing, which can execute 1018 operations in a second, is just around the corner. With the theme of 'Moving Forward with Supercomputing!', the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI) is holding the 18th Korea Supercomputing Conference (KSC). It is the largest academic supercomputing conference and exhibition in Korea. It aims to expand the awareness of supercomputing, computational science and engineering, foster industries to invigorate and catalyze the 4th industrial revolution, and to promote academics among researchers.
As a part of the tutorial of the Korea Supercomputing Conference, the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, in association with NVIDIA and OpenACC.org, is organizing a half-day training on how to accelerate your HPC code with OpenACC on NVIDIA GPUs.
This KSC GPU Bootcamp is open to the 2021 KOREA SUPERCOMPUTING CONFERENCE attendees only, and will be hosted in Korean. Please note that this event has limited capacity and is first come, first served.
This half-day online Bootcamp will be taught in the local language and hosted in the Korean Standard Time (KST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack, and email..
- Basic experience with C/C++ programming is needed. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
- This KSC GPU Bootcamp is open to the 2021 KOREA SUPERCOMPUTING CONFERENCE attendees only.
- This event has limited capacity, and is first come, first served. Please make sure that prerequisites are met before applying.
To register free for 2021 KOREA SUPERCOMPUTING CONFERENCE, please visit their official website.
Teams attending the event will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of this event.
* The agenda may be changed accordingly.
Event Date: October 25, 2021 (KST)
- Welcome (Moderator): 13:30 PM - 13:40 PM
- How to accelerate with OpenACC (Hands-on Sessions) - Part 1 : 13:40 PM - 15:00 PM
- Break : 15:00 PM - 15:30 PM
- How to accelerate with OpenACC (Hands-on Sessions) - Part 2: 15:30 PM - 18:00 PM
Lab 1: Introduction to OpenACC (Lab 1)
- What is OpenACC and Why Should You Care?
- Profile-driven Development
- First Steps with OpenACC
- Introduction to Parallel directive
- How to compile a serial application with PGI compiler
Lab 2: OpenACC Data Management (Lab 2)
- OpenACC Data Management
- OpenACC Data Directive/Clauses
- OpenACC Update Directive
Lab 3: Loop Optimizations with OpenACC (Lab 3)
- Collapse Clause
- Tile Clause
- Gang Worker Vector
Important Event Dates
KSC GPU Bootcamp Application Deadline
KSC GPU Bootcamp Day