During this two-day online Bootcamp, participants will learn about multiple GPU programming models and can choose the one that best fits their needs to run their scientific codes on GPUs. This Bootcamp will cover an introduction to GPU programming using OpenACC, OpenMP, stdpar and CUDA C, and provides hands-on opportunities to learn how to analyse GPU-enabled applications using NVIDIA® Nsight™ Systems.
This two-day online Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Central European Time (CET) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack, and email.
Basic experience with C/C++ or Fortran. No GPU programming knowledge is required.
Teams attending the event will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of this event.
Day 1: October 28, 2021 (All times are CET)
- 9:00 AM - 9:15AM: Welcome (Moderator)
- 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM: Connecting to a Cluster
- 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM: Introduction to GPU Computing (Lecture)
- 10:00 AM - 11:45 AM: Directive Based Programming with OpenMP and OpenACC on GPU (Lecture and Lab)
- 11:45 AM - 12:30 PM: CUDA C Programming (Lecture + Lab)
Day: October 29, 2021 (Challenge : hands on)
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Teaching assistants are assigned to help with the code challenge
- 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: Wrap up and QA
Important Event Dates
HPCCC Croatia Nways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Application Deadline
HPCCC Croatia Nways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 1
HPCCC Croatia Nways to GPU Programming Bootcamp Day 2