IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition 2021, hosted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur and co-hosted by iHub Drishti Foundations (Technology and Innovation Hub on Computer Vision and ARVR), in association with NVIDIA & OpenACC, announces the FG-2021 Hackathon.
This event is open to Researchers, Academicians, MSMEs, Startups and Industries with an objective to bring out Innovative and Implementable Ideas related to computer vision, pattern recognition, computer graphics, and machine learning techniques relevant to face, gesture, body action, new algorithms, and analysis of specific applications.
This Hackathon will be hosted online with all times Indian Standard Time (IST). All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
FG-2021 Hackathon provides a unique platform to participating teams to work on ideas by applying AI techniques and helping those ideas to see the light of the day. We highly encourage teams from any of the following areas to apply for this event:
- Face Recognition, Analysis & Synthesis
- Psychological and Behavioral Analysis
- Gesture Recognition, Analysis & Synthesis
- Body Action and Activity Recognition
Application can be in areas but not limited to improving social impact and limit harm, methods for dealing with bias, unapproved use, security etc.
GPU Compute Resource
Selected teams for stage 2 will be provided with access to a GPU cluster for accelerating training and inference.
- The top 2 teams will get an opportunity to win NVIDIA Jetson kits: The AI platform for edge computing.
- The top 2 teams will be invited to submit their research work to the FG2021 special issue on IEEE Transaction on Biometrics, Behavior and Identity Science (IEEE T-BIOM). The work will be evaluated for high research novelty and scientific value - as per T-BIOM standards and rigorous process - and based on the review outcome, it may be included in the special issue.
- Hackathon committee shall have final authority in selecting applications as per the suitability and nature of the proposals.
- Hackathon committee shall have final authority in selecting winning teams as per the criteria mentioned in the FAQ section.
Q: What are the evaluation criteria based on which we will be selected as Top 40 Teams?
A: The teams will be ranked based on the following general criteria:
- Contextual Relevance: Relevant to the domains of importance i.e. Face and Gesture Recognition and its impact
- Technological Superiority: Use of latest technology and trends, better performance and accuracy.
- Innovation Quotient: Innovative with high research quotient and potential to become unique solution
- Viability: The solution is practically feasible in a real world scenario considering the cost to solution, ease of integration into existing infrastructure and easy deployment in the field.
Q: Are we expected to have the full solution at the time of submitting the initial application?
A: No, the team does not need to submit a whole solution or demo. The expectation is that the team submits presentations as part of the proposed solution. The more details are present in the proposed solution the more chances are for you to be among 40 selected teams.
Q: Who will be owning the solution provided by the participants?
A: The team owns the solution and the organizers will have no ownership of the same.
Important Event Dates
Face and Gesture Recognition Hackathon 2021 Application Deadline
Face and Gesture Recognition Hackathon 2021: End-to-End CV Bootcamp
Face and Gesture Recognition Hackathon 2021 Last Day
Face and Gesture Recognition Hackathon 2021 Final Presentation Day 1
Face and Gesture Recognition Hackathon 2021 Final Presentation Last Day
Face and Gesture Recognition Hackathon 2021 Winners Announcement