This 2-day online Bootcamp will take place on September 7th and 8th, 2021. This event is designed to teach researchers how AI can accelerate HPC simulations by introducing the concepts of Deep Neural Networks, including data pre-processing, and techniques on how to build, compare and improve the accuracy of deep learning models. We will introduce real-world problems, where participants learn AI concepts with step-by-step instructions using learned techniques.
The CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay & NVIDIA AI for Science Bootcamp will be hosted online in the Central European Summer Time (CEST) zone. All communication will be done through Zoom, Slack and email.
Basic experience with Python. No GPU programming or AI knowledge is required.
Attendees will be given access to a GPU cluster for the duration of the GPU Bootcamp.
Day 1 (Intro): September 7th, 2021 (all times are CEST)
- Welcome (Moderator): 9:00 AM
- Connecting to a cluster: 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM
- Introduction to GPU computing: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM (Lecture)
- Introduction to AI: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (Lecture)
- CNN Primer and Keras 101: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Lecture and Lab)
Day 2 (Advanced): September 8th, 2021 (all times are CEST)
- Tropical cycle detection: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Lab + Challenge)
- Break 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM
- Steady Flow Estimation 10:45 AM - 12:15 PM (Challenge)
Important Event Dates
CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay & NVIDIA AI for Science Bootcamp Application Deadline
CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay & NVIDIA AI for Science Bootcamp Day 1
CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay & NVIDIA AI for Science Bootcamp Day 2